Please Note: Staff will have up to three business days to respond to requests when submitted.
MEETING ROOM POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The meeting rooms in the Village Hall of Arlington Heights are designed primarily to meet the operational needs of the Village of Arlington Heights and provide accommodations for educational, informational, cultural and civic functions of the Arlington Heights community. Information regarding the rooms and scheduling is the responsibility of the Village Manager’s office.
In the event of a scheduling conflict, reservations will be taken in this order:
- Official Village meetings or Village-sponsored meetings
- Other agencies of government
- Public use
Use of the meeting rooms does not constitute Village endorsement of viewpoints expressed by participants in programs. No advertisement or announcement implying such endorsement will be permitted.
All activities taking place in the meeting rooms must not restrict attendance in violation of the Illinois Human Rights Act or federal or state civil rights laws. It is the responsibility of the group to provide any and all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Reservations and Scheduling
- Requests will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservations should be made at least 14 days in advance. Meeting rooms cannot be reserved on an ongoing basis by one organization more frequently than once per month. Please note that the Village Hall will not open until ½ hour prior to the scheduled start of the meeting and the applicant is responsible to notify those attending the meeting.
- Meeting reservations cannot be made more than 6 months in advance.
- Reservations must be made by an individual who represents an organization which lies within the corporate limits of Arlington Heights who is 18 years of age or older. The person completing the application shall be the main contact person and will be the only person authorized to request changes in the reservation.
- Room reservations must be made online through the below form.
- A room reservation is temporary until the form has been approved by the Village Manager’s office. A response will be provided within 3 business days of the received room request.
- The Village reserves the right to preempt any meeting when necessary. All efforts will be made to avoid cancelling a reservation, or moving a group into another room; however, please be aware that this may happen. All reasonable efforts will be made to reschedule the reservation to another area in the Village Hall. If this is not possible, the requesting group will be notified.
- Meeting rooms can be requested for use during the hours of 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Fridays. Meeting attendees must exit the building by 10 p.m. on Mondays through Thursdays or by 5 p.m. on Fridays. No meetings will be scheduled on Saturdays, Sundays, or on Village-observed holidays.
- All meeting attendees must exit the building no later than 15 minutes after the meeting is concluded. The Village Hall doors shall lock automatically 15 minutes after scheduled meetings conclude for the day.
- A repeat reservation cannot be made until any applicable outstanding charges for damage or cleaning are paid.
- No group may assign its reservation to another group.
Use and Maintenance of Facilities:
- The Village does not furnish audio/visual equipment or information technology assistance.
- Excessive noise or disruption of other meetings or business activities may result in a request to leave the premises. Future reservation requests may be cancelled or denied.
- The premises are under surveillance by the Arlington Heights Police Department.
- No nails, tacks, tape, etc., are to be used on the walls, doors, boards or on any surface in the meeting room.
- No arts and crafts activities, singing or musical performances are allowed on Village premises.
- No lighting of candles, incense or any type of object which would require a flame or would produce an odor.
- Space(s) will not be made available for physical activities/exercise.
- Outside food and drink is permitted with prior approval in specific areas. However, all food preparation must occur off site.
- Meeting rooms must be left clean and in good condition. All papers, cups and other waste must be disposed of properly. Failure to leave the facility in proper order could result in denial of future requests to use the facilities. Each organization must reimburse the Village for any and all property damage done or presumed to have been done to the Village facilities used as a result of an approved request.
- The direct maintenance expense for the removal of carpet stains caused by food and drinks will be charged back to the user.
- The Village Hall Meeting Rooms are not available for private parties, rehearsals, social gatherings or fundraising activities. The meeting rooms may not be used for meetings of groups formed for the promotion of a specific political candidate or to promote a specific referendum position. Meeting agendas may be requested by the Village prior to booking confirmation.
- Meeting attendance must not exceed the listed maximum capacity for the room reserved.
- Groups using meeting rooms may not collect admission fees or donations, or charge participants in any way for attendance at their meetings on Village property.
- Meetings involving the sale, advertising, or solicitation or promotion of commercial products or services are not permitted.
- Organizations meeting in the Village Hall meeting rooms shall not use the Village for their mailing address or, even on a temporary basis, direct calls relating to their meetings to the Village telephones.
- Organizations shall not use the Village’s logo in the promotion of their meeting to imply endorsement of any discussion topic.
- All groups of persons under 18 years of age must be attended by adult chaperones who will assume responsibility for the group's activities. There should be at least one individual over the age of 18 for every 15 individuals under the age of 18.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in Village Hall.
- Food preparation of any kind is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed to be served or consumed anywhere on the premises.
- Set-up and take down is done by the Village’s Public Works staff.
- Please include a description below of your requested room layout and furniture in the room. If your meeting requires a special set up, it must also be noted below, along with a diagram attached. Furniture is not to be moved by your group.
- Common areas are not intended to be utilized for unaccompanied children.
For meetings held between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding Village Holidays), and upon proper notice, the Village can assist in providing up to 25 parking spaces on the top level of the Municipal Garage and the ramp heading down from the top floor, if available at that time. It is your responsibility to request parking and to inform your group of where to park.
If parking is not available on the top level of the Municipal Garage, guests will need to use the Sigwalt parking lot on the southeast corner of Sigwalt and Arlington Heights Road. Under those circumstances, if meetings are held during a weekday between 8 a.m. and noon, guests must pay daily fee parking in the yellow paybox located in the corner of the lot.
- All organizations or groups shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Village of Arlington Heights, its officers, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, actions of any kind resulting from any negligent act, omission or error of the meeting room user which results in personal injuries or property damage arising from the meeting room user’s use of the Village Hall Meeting Rooms.
- The Meeting Room use applicant and/or organization will be jointly and separately liable for any breakage, damage, or theft of any Village property caused by members or guests of the group or organization. Liability includes all applicable court costs and attorney fees.
- The Village of Arlington Heights, its employees and Trustees do not assume personal responsibility for personal injury or damage or loss of personal property during the applicant’s use of meeting room.